Infolink

AddToAny

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Scrambled Egg with Herbs

Yum


My readers may be surprised reading the title – hey isn’t it the same blog with Bengali recipes, they might wonder. How come I am cooking scrambled egg? Let me explain. My husband always likes continental stuff – recently he has stayed in Marriott Santa Clara for some days. There he liked the scrambled egg so much that he asked the chef how to make it and supplied me this recipe. I thought what the heck! I can deviate from the traditional recipes once at least, and then I made this one.

Scrambled egg is one of the most popular breakfast options in western countries and it can be made in so many different ways. The basic stuff remains the same i.e. eggs with milk and butter but there can be so many things that can be mixed with. Without wasting much time let me give you the recipe I followed

Preparation Time: - 5 min


Cooking Time: - 15 min


Servings: - 2 persons


Ingredients:

  1. 3 large eggs. In west, you can have different type of eggs but in India it can be of two type either it is from Broiler or from Country Chicken. I used Broiler eggs as they are bigger. You can use eggs from Country chicken but then you may need 4 eggs. The yokes of country chicken are more yellow – so the dish might be more yellowish than the photos here.
  2. 9 tbsp Full Cream Milk and a little about 1 tsp more
  3. ¼ cup butter
  4. 1 sliced cheese – the original recipe as suggested by the chef of Marriott mentioned 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Now I did not get the hard cubed Italian cheese – so I used the normal sliced one. You may use the Parmesan cheese if you get it.
  5. Salt to taste. Rock salt is better for this one
  6. Freshly ground black pepper
  7. Herbs – If you get the fresh herbs you should use ¼ tbsp of minced Marjoram or Oregano, Thyme and Basil. Since it is not readily available in my area, I used a mixture of dry herbs which I bought from Nilgiri Supermarket. I used ¼ tbsp of the mixture which contains each of the above mentioned herbs.

Preparation:- 

  1. Boil the milk and keep aside 9 tbsp of upper creamy portion
  2. In a medium bowl whisk the eggs for about a minute.
  3. Mix the milk and whisk more so that the mixture becomes smooth.
  4. Take a nonstick pan and in medium heat, melt the butter so that it goes to the edges.
  5. Turn the heat to low flame and pour the eggs into the middle of the pan and using a wooden spatula, gently stir the eggs
  6. The eggs turn creamy like a curd
  7. Stir continuously and after about 5 minutes toss the sliced cheese and herbs.
  8. After about a minute, pour salt and pepper. Distribute thoroughly.
  9. When the eggs are not runny but still soft and moist pour a little splash of milk. Turn off the heat.
  10. Wait for a minute and immediately serve


That’s all folks. You can have toast and this dish in a healthy and tasty breakfast.


Please note that this is a western dish and may taste blunt to our Indian tongue. To overcome that you can add the following as toppings:-

  1. Spinach
  2. Fried onions
  3. Spring Onion (Sanjeev Kapoor used this)
  4. Even a pinch of red chilli powder
  5. Jalepino chopped


As always please feel free to comment, criticize and seek if any help is required. I am all ears.

No comments :

Post a Comment