Infolink

AddToAny

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Banana smoothie with Chia seeds - A nutritional breakfast

Yum

Few days back I have presented a Banana Milkshake in my blog and my husband commented that smoothie is better for breakfast. While Ice Cream is an important ingredient in Milkshake smoothie is more of fruit puree with milk and yogurt. Hence smoothie ideally is more nutritious. So I said ok I am going to make banana smoothie some day and that day is today. I have already described the benefits of Banana as a fruit in my earlier post. Chia seeds are very nutritious too. Its benefits are listed here.  Now let’s prepare the smoothie.



Preparation Time: - 10 min

Cooking Time (in fact blending time): - <5 min

Servings: - 3 persons


Ingredients:




  1. 3 pieces ripe banana – I prefer bigger Robusta type but you can use smaller type Yalakki banana also.
  2. 1 ½ cup or approx 350 ml full cream milk. If you want a totally Vegan preparation you can use even Soya or Almond Milk. That way it would be casein free too. I used full cream milk as I want it to be a kid’s breakfast powerhouse.
  3. 2~3 tbsp of Peanut butter (optional – it can be used as a thickening agent for dairy-free option as above).
  4. 1 cup or approx 200 ml curd/yogurt
  5. 2 tsp Chia seeds
  6. Sugar or Honey or Jaggery or any sweetening agent you like. You may use Mapple Syrup if you want it totally sugar free. I personally used 4 tbsp of Honey + 2 tbsp sugar

Preparation:-


  1. Peel the banana and cut into small pieces. Keep aside.
  2. Boil Milk and keep aside to cool down. Refrigerate if you want to drink the smoothie just after making it.
  3. Pour the milk and curd/yogurt in the blender. Blend it for approx half a minute.
  4. Now add the banana slowly. Pour honey and add sugar and Chia seeds.
  5. Blend for 1 minute.
  6. Drizzle with extra honey to serve



A yummy but healthy drink for kid’s breakfast is ready. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
As always please feel free to comment, criticize and seek if any help is required. I am all ears.

No comments :

Post a Comment