Preparation Time: - 20 min
Cooking Time: - 15 min
Servings: - 2~3 persons
- 1 cup ( approx. 200 gm) Sago/ Tapioca pearls / Sabudana
- Peanuts 1/8 cup
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 medium Potato
- Vegetable oil 1 ½ tbsp
- Ghee 1 tpsp
- 10 ~12 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar (optional – I used it but you may not if not liked)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- Few chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Wash sabudana / sago thoroughly and then soak in one cup water for about 3 hours. Please take precaution so that Sabudana grains should be kept separate and moist.
- Dry roast peanuts on a heated tawa. Take the skin off and then grind. Please note here that we do not need powder here – so do not grind much.
- Slit the green chillies vertically. I am preparing this dish keeping my kids in mind – hence used chillies this way. But you can remove stem and then chop finely. You can use more chillies in number also.
- Peel and wash the potato and cut into cubes.
- Wash and chop coriander leaves.
- Boil potatoes in pressure cooker. Since sabudana is soft and gets cooked fast, the potatoes need to be boiled first. Otherwise you can cut the potatoes into very small pieces. Then no need of boiling.
- Grate the coconut and keep aside.
- Heat the mixture of oil and ghee in a non-stick kadai /pan. You can use only vegetable oil if you do not prefer ghee or you can use only ghee - it is your choice.
- Add curry leaves, cumin seeds and slitted green chillies. Once cumin seeds crackle add potato.
- Sauté till the potatoes become golden brown.
- Now add sabudana, grated coconut, turmeric powder and ground peanuts. Turmeric powder is optional here.
- Stir and mix well for 4~5 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little water, salt and sugar (if you prefer). Add lime juice. Please note that the water needed here is to ensure that the sabudana does not form dumplings. So use only a little bit of water.
- Mix well. When the sabudana become translucent it is ready.
- Switch off the burner.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.